A rare opportunity exists for a unique individual to join the ranks of Mixdown: Australia’s only free digital and print magazine dedicated to music and musical equipment. Overseeing print and online advertising sales across a well established title, you'll combine your talent for communication and negotiation with strong attention to detail as you not only sell advertising into, but coordinate editorial and video content across the magazine's print, online and social platforms.
The successful candidate will have had significant exposure to music equipment, for instance, full or part time work in instrument or accessories sales in a musical equipment retail or wholesale environment.
- Sales experience essential; either outbound sales in a business to business environment or music equipment sales: music equipment/instruments retail/wholesale.
- A genuine passion for music and music equipment; the ability to play one or more musical instrument is desirable.
- A demonstrable understanding of the modern media landscape including traditional and non-traditional forms of media.
- An ability to write well and assemble information intelligently.
- Work alongside the Digital Editor to oversee the direction of the magazine and grow its readership.
- Secure advertising and partnerships, and manage the deliverables across editorial, advertising and video.
- Build long-term client relationships in the music equipment industry.
- Facilitate editorial co-ordination and manage a team of interns.
- You'll be part of one of Australia's largest youth culture and music media companies based in East Brunswick, and will enjoy everything this fast-paced and exciting job offers.
- You're the sort of person who would love being out in the field in the music, musical instruments and studio equipment industries. You'll also have the opportunity to travel interstate.
- Salary and uncapped incentives on offer, plus phone and car allowance.
If you've got what it takes, email your CV and cover letter addressed to Patrick - email@example.com