Whether you're fresh out of uni, looking for a major career break or simply wanting extra money in between gigs, the music industry is a competitive place. To make things a little easier, here's our list of some of the best jobs going around the country.
CLIENT RELATIONS - Native Tongue Music Publishing (Melbourne)
Native Tongue is an independent Music Publisher, with offices in Australia and New Zealand. Established in 2003, Native Tongue has built a respected catalogue of local songwriters. Besides working with local songwriters, they have also administered the works of overseas writers and catalogues for Australia and New Zealand. They are seeking an experienced Client Relations professional to join their team, working directly with their Licensing and Creative teams to drive results for the songwriters and catalogues they represent.
- Minimum 3 years experience in the music industry or other creative industry
- Broad music taste with exceptional music knowledge
- Demonstrated experience in sync licensing, music promotion/marketing or advertising an advantage
- A natural networker, with established relationships within the music, film/television, music supervision, and/or advertising industries
- Ability to establish new business relationships
- A creative approach to seeking new opportunities
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT - Native Tongue Music Publishing (Melbourne)
Established in 2003, Native Tongue has built a respected catalogue of local songwriters. They set out to provide their writers with a publishing company dedicated to assisting with the development of their skills as songwriters and composers throughout their careers. Besides working with local songwriters, they also administer the works of overseas writers and catalogues for Australia and New Zealand. They're seeking an Administrative Assistant to join our team of dynamic music professionals. This is an entry level position into the music industry; training will be given to the successful candidate.
- Broad musical knowledge and taste
- A basic understanding of the local music industry
- A basic understanding of music copyright
- A positive can do attitude
- Exacting attention to detail
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- The ability to remain focused when working on lengthy repetitive data driven tasks
- Be able to manage multiple tasks to ensure deadlines on different projects are met
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with prior experience writing copy for websites, newsletters and other external communications an advantage
- Excellent computer skills in the Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with website maintenance and administering social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter & Instagram
LABEL & MARKETING COORDINATOR - Etcetc Music (Sydney)
Etcetc Music is looking for a Label & Marketing Co-ordinator to work on their outstanding roster which includes Pnau, Fisher, Jax Jones, Kilter, Duke Dumont, and some of the countries most promising emerging artists across the electronic spectrum. As an integral member of the team, the role will report into the GM of the label.
- Demonstrated experience operating within a similar field.
- An in depth knowledge of current international and domestic new music and trends
- Project management skills, including the ability to manage many projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work to multiple production deadlines.
- Advanced skills in office administration, oral and written communication, copywriting, industry networking, budgeting and financial management.
- Strong relationship and client management.
- Co-ordinating the overall label schedule
- Creating and planning all assets and releases
- Deal directly with artists and managers during the production of audio, visual tools, recording logistics, marketing, PR tools and campaign reporting.
- You will be expected to take the lead in the development and execution of the designated artist brand/product assets to marketing and deal directly with promotions, sales, media and any related artist or brand events or touring.
- Ensuring release marketing plans are adhered to and executed to plan and to budget.
- Representing the label with key business partners including labels, third party label services and DSPs.
- They will also value highly any candidate who will contribute to potential artists or signings that fit the A&R vision of the label.
OPERATIONS MANAGER - Howler Bar & Theatre (Melbourne)
Howler is a hospitality group with a drive to be different. Their venues are all unique and personal, with four establishments across Melbourne ranging from intimate lounge bars to a dynamic band room. They are currently looking for a charismatic & personable operations manager to oversee 2 venues in the CBD & Brunswick locations, Howler & Workshop.
- Extensive experience with live entertainment and/or multi-bar/purpose spaces
- Hospitality focused with a minimum 4 years held in a management position
- Leadership with excellent interpersonal skills, you will be working with established teams
- Forecasting / reporting, contributing to budgeting & planning process
- Effective decision making & critical analysis
- Have worked with multiple departments including security and/or kitchen team and/or function/events
- Oversee daily operations working closely with the Venue Managers at each site to ensure effective runnings
- Maintain exceptional customer service standards & venue pitch
- Event/function execution & analysis
- Maintaining profitable margins & business performance
- Cost control & financial reporting
- Performance management & mentoring leading staff and management
If this sounds like the perfect job for you, head over here to apply!
VARIOUS POSITIONS - Store DJ/Mannys (Brisbane + Melbourne)
None of the other jobs enticing your interests this week? Never fear - there's a whole bunch of gigs currently available at leading music retaillers Mannys and Store DJ in both Brisbane and Melbourne. With fields ranging from Customer Service to Warehouse Support and Sales, there should be something for everyone here; plus, you'll get to work with some of the coolest music brands currently avaialble on the market.
Check out the positions below, and click the links to find out more and apply.
Online Orders Customer Care (Melbourne) - apply here.
DJ & Audio Technology Sales Specialist (Brisbane) - apply here.
Warehouse Assistant/Store Person (Brisbane) - apply here.
Musical Instrument Sales Specialist (Brisbane) - apply here.
Happy hunting y'all.