Whether you're fresh out of uni, looking for a major career break or simply wanting extra money in between gigs, the music industry is a competitive place. To make things a little easier, here's our list of some of the best jobs going around the country.
PROMOTER - LIVE NATION (Melbourne)
Looking to make your mark in the world of touring and events promotion? Live Nation are looking for a new industry savvy promoter to join their office in Melbourne and help drive success in multiple facets of business.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in all business PC / MAC programs & pick systems up quickly
- Demonstrated ability to think commercially and creatively.
- The ability to work well under pressure and respond quickly and productively to instruction
- Demonstrable knowledge of the Music/Entertainment Industry; key promoters, artists and events
- Amazing leadership and people management skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Ability to set meaningful targets and prepare, present, manage and track budgets.
- Identifying and targeting touring prospects
- Developing potential touring prospects with new tours / acts
- Management of all facets of the tours secured, including the development of ideas, marketing strategy, venue choices, and management of budgets
- Oversee and be responsible for all tour offers and budgets
- Work with our LNA VIP Team to create VIP and ancillary opportunities
- Work with our LN Venues to develop or drive content into their venues
- Negotiation of commercial arrangements with venues and marketing partners as appropriate
Keen to apply? Head to Live Nation's SEEK listing for more details.
DIRECTOR OF BUSINESS - SONY MUSIC AUSTRALIA (Sydney)
Now this is a special gig: Sony Music Australia are on the hunt for a keen business development expert to jump onboard as the Director of Business in their Sydney HQ. Reporting to the General Manager of Media Strategy & Business Development, this position encompasses areas such as brand partnerships, endorsements and campaign management.
- Demonstrable success in new business sales, with experience selling to small and large market clients
- Follow the music industry and our artists and have a passion for music
- Be a relationship driven person
- Ability to open doors and generate a consistent pipeline of new opportunities
- Experience working in media, agency and/or the entertainment industry
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Ability to present yourself professionally and represent the brand in line with Sony Music’s values and strategic objectives
- Ability to work closely with a team and perform well in a busy and creative environment
- Experience working across multiple platforms, including print, radio and digital
- Ability to think outside the box and be a creative problem solver
- An existing customer portfolio in relevant industry would be a distinct advantage
- Generate new business opportunities with external clients for our artists and repertoire
- Manage a portfolio of existing external clients
- Be a consultative partner to our artists and repertoire and develop deep knowledge of their direction and Sony Music’s strategic business needs to ensure alignment
- Act as “the face of Sony Music Entertainment” in professionally representing the company to external parties
- Manage both response and proactive based briefs and end to end activation
- Build and foster exceptional relationships both internally and externally
- Be a confident communicator and lead negotiations with senior external stakeholders
- Utilise global insights, segmentation and research to provide solutions for clients
- Deliver a high level of customer service to our brand and agency clients
- Effectively manage a sales pipeline and accurately report on sales figures
- Utilise Salesforce to update and maintain sales activities
Better jump onto this one! Apply here.
EMBEDDED SOFTWARE ENGINEER - RØDE MICROPHONES (Sydney)
Audio technology trailblazers RØDE Microphones are currently accepting applications for an Embedded Software Engineer to join their Sydney team. If you want to be part of a cutting edge team with a massive portfolio of big name products, this gig is perfect for you.
- Experience in developing software on embedded ARM/MIPS SoC based platforms
- The ability to perform initial board bring-up, peripheral configuration, device driver and application logic development
- Experience with software development on microcontroller platforms
- Good understanding of underlying hardware platform and commonly used interfaces (I2C, SPI, USB etc)
- Meticulous attention to detail and a process-orientated approach
- Self-disciplined team player, with the ability to work in multi-disciplinary team environment
- Experience developing software on embedded ARM/MIPS SoC based platforms
- Skilled in application development
- Good written and verbal communication to all internal and external stakeholders
- Understanding in RTOS/Linux kernel level driver development skills (desirable)
- Experience with ALSA, RT kernel and/or DSP (desirable)
- Experience in participation in open-source projects (desirable)
- Experience in participation in open-source projects (desirable)
- Delivery of prototypes in a fast paced product development environment
- Ensuring all projects uphold a high standard of functional and technical performance – in line with the RODE brand
- Managing inputs from key stakeholders
Head here for further details on how to get your application in.
JUNIOR LICENSING ASSISTANT - SONY/ATV MUSIC PUBLISHING (Sydney)
If you've been waiting out for the opportunity to dive into the world of music publishing, this one will be right up your alley - Sony/ATV Music Publishing are on the lookout for a young, passionate individual with an eye for detail to join the team as Junior Licensing Assistant in their Surry Hills office.
- A love of music
- Enthusiastic to learn new skills
- Strong administrative skills
- Attention to detail
- Advanced desktop skills including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Well developed time management skills
- Works well autonomously and as a part of a team
- General office support for the Licensing team
- Submission of all jingle reporting
- Licensing of student films and in-house license requests
- First contact for all society requests
- Maintain our licensing submissions and reports including invoicing
Hit the link to read more and submit your application today.
OFFICE JUNIOR - THE HARBOUR AGENCY (Sydney)
Here's another perfect 'foot in the door' opportunity - The Harbour Group (part of the Mushroom family) are looking for an Office Junior to join the crew and offer a helping hand with various duties around the office. If you're looking to make your way up in the world of music and know your way around the Microsoft Office suite, this might just be your jam.
Keen? Apply here.