Whether you're fresh out of uni, looking for a major career break or simply wanting extra money in between gigs, the music industry is a competitive place. To make things a little easier, here's our list of some of the best jobs going around the country.
MUSIC RESEARCHER - Audio Network Australia (Sydney)
Audio Network is a disruptive, tech-enabled global music company that is one of the largest independent creators of original, high-quality music for use in video. They're looking for a Music Researcher to join their TV team to focus on providing creative support and excellent customer service to Television clients in APAC.
- 1+ years’ experience in a customer facing or servicing environment
- Experience in music, television, or a creative industry is favourable
- Strong understanding of music across a range of genres
- Studies in music, film or TV production are advantageous
- Understanding of television production process is highly regarded
- Experience in using Salesforce is preferable but not essential.
- Client Servicing
- Provide excellent customer service to high value clients including technical, creative and general customer support
- Grow & strengthen relationships through face to face meetings and user groups
- Music briefs and playlists
- Curate music playlists, respond to client music briefs and provide general music expertise and creative recommendations for TV programmes
- Music Delivery
- Maintenance of hard drive masters and loading of new hard drives
- Contribute to group discussions about music delivery and best practice
- Work with TV team to develop insights and actions based on analysis
- Sales Administration: Assist with processing television & film licences in Salesforce
- Set up accounts, users and logins
- Regularly collect and manage TV cue sheets
- Lead Sourcing: Research publications and collate production information to provide new TV & Film opportunities.
If you're a tech-savvy TV Buff and music geek, apply via Audio Network's website here.
PUBLICIST - Inertia Music (Sydney)
Inertia Music is one of Australia’s leading Independent music companies and a member of [PIAS]’s global network. Inertia Music works with a number of international and local labels including Secretly Canadian, Transgressive, ATO, Ninja Tune, Mute and Pieater to name a few, as well as their in house labels that work with artists including Robyn, Ali Barter, Bjork, ODESZA, Asgeir and more. They're looking for a new publicist to take things up a notch.
- At least two years experience in a similar role.
- A passion ‘for and sound knowledge of independent music, and an intimate knowledge of Inertia and [PIAS]’s artists and releases.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Capacity to present to small and large groups on results and contribute as required to various brainstorming meetings.
- Keen interest in creating unique content for social consumption, a sound understanding of graphic design is desired.
- An active interest in the ever-changing media, digital and social landscape, with a keen interest in digital trends relating to the music industry.
- Sharp organisational and time management skills.
- Experience with Mailchimp, Promo Jukebox, AMRAP & AIR IT servicing, and various other industry relevant services.
- Create and execute publicity plans that use credible traditional, digital and social media to build desire for Inertia and [PIAS]’s artists and releases.
- Contribute to and work with members of the broader label team to develop a strategy for key priority releases.
- Create unique opportunities for artist engagement and promotion, to highlight the artist’s music and character.
- Secure features, interviews, reviews, live performances, shoots and other compelling media coverage for Inertia’s artists and releases.
- Collaborate with the broader promo team to maintain Inertia’s relationships with key music, culture, fashion and lifestyle media across Australian social media, online, radio, print and TV.
- Review reader, listener, viewer, visitor and social numbers for key media outlets & relevant online trends noting shifting audiences to drive robust promotional strategies.
- Manage multiple promotional schedules, writing and distributing timely press releases.
- Demonstrate a sound understanding of and engagement with the community radio landscape to create effective radio servicing for multiple releases.
- Being responsive and detailed when filtering feedback to relevant partners.
If you're keen to join the Inertia team, upload a resume and cover letter here by February 27.
AGENCY ASSISTANT AND BOOKER - Niche Productions (Sydney)
Niche Productions is an international touring and domestic booking agency, looking for an agency assistant and booker to work with their large variety of artists.
- Live music industry knowledge and experience preferred but not essential
- Have desire to work in the live music industry
- Not afraid of hard work or high-pressure environments.
- Collaborate with the Booking Agent, look for booking opportunities via festivals, events for agency artists
- Collaborate with the Booking Agent assist to route tours for agency artists
- Liaising with promoters and events for contact, payment and show day information
- Liaising with artist teams to provide relevant tour and show information
- Maintain and manage relationships with other office tenants, artist teams, venues, promoters, etc
- Management and maintain utilities and other office resources including emails, cloud-based storage, shared calendar, website, etc
- Create show schedule (Including sound check and set times) for presentation to agent and artist team
- Secure show dates with venues around Australia and New Zealand
- Ticket builds – Liaising with venues and ticketing companies
- Liaising with artist teams regarding ticketing and on-sale info
- Liaising with supports and other show day stakeholders on relevant information
- Manage sales reports
- Liaise with backline companies to book backline as per artist rider and requests
- Liaise with venues and promoters on artist backline and production requests
- Liaise with artist teams on venue and event production and backline specifications
- Source support artist options for tours and shows to be reviewed by agent and artist teams
- Liaise with support options to confirm availability, interest and confirmation
- Where possible facilitate communication between support artist and tour personnel
- Submit Niche agency artists for upcoming tour and event opportunities
- Assist with tour marketing plans
- Management of Mailchimp EDM’s (Tour announces, agency artist announces, artist spotlights, etc)
- Updating Niche website with all relevant info (WordPress)
- Liaising with third-party marketing networks (Radio, street press, street poster printers and distribution) in collaboration with artist teams and promoters
- Communicate all assets with stakeholders (Venues, ticket companies, supports, etc)
- Collate Niche and artist ticketing opt-in data
- Oversee Niche social media and assist marketing support team
- Brief Graphic Designers on artwork requirements and specifications where applicable
If this sounds like you, apply to Matt Thompson with your resume and cover letter here by March 21.
VENUE BAND BOOKER - Bendigo Hotel (Melbourne)
The Bendigo Hotel is one of Melbourne’s most well known and most loved punk/heavy venues. They're looking to hire a full-time venue booker to join their team.
- At least 3-5 years of experience
- Be well respected in the music industry
- Have access to as an extensive list of contacts within the industry, including booking agents, promoters, bands and music management companies
- Be passionate and stay well versed in a range of genres, specialising in punk, metal and rock, remaining flexible and comfortable in working within surrounding genres.
- Booking and promotion of all shows, liaison between the promoter, talent and venue
- Booking nightly shows with profiled acts, as well as knowledge of the up-and-coming, more underground acts and touring internationals
- Adhere to the venue's brand at all times
If you're keen to continue the venue's legacy, send your resume and cover letter to Guy Palermo here, before March 21.
FINANCIAL CONTROLLER - Unified Music Group (Melbourne)
UNIFIED Music Group is an artist services company and one of Australia’s fastest growing independent music businesses. They are looking for a financial controller to lead their financial division.
- Degree qualification preferably in Business and/or Economics
- CPA/CA qualified or equivalent preferred but not essential
- Previous Team Management experience
- Capable and eager to get involved in strategic level decisions but also satisfied in a “hands on” capacity managing financial operations
- Proactive, organised and good attention to detail
- Experience working for a global organisation (highly regarded)
- Oversee the team managing the day-to-day operations within the group of companies
- Management of financial functions including cashflow, review and monitoring budgets, group compliance
- Assist in management of reporting requirements
- Establish and maintain financial policies and procedures for the company
If you want to put your accounting know-how into the good of the music biz, apply here by March 19.