Whether you're fresh out of uni, looking for a major career break or simply wanting extra money in between gigs, the music industry is a competitive place. To make things a little easier, here are our list of some of the best jobs going around the country, good luck!
PS MUSIC GROUP – TOURING COORDINATOR (BRISBANE)
PS Music Group is a fast growing music company built on providing excellent experiences for excellent people, across the globe. Launching in 2016, the touring arm of PS Music Group is designed to welcome revered international talent down under. Detailing every hour an artist is on our shores, to ensure a joyous and seamless tour. Simultaneously, they work closely with the extended international artist team towards long term sustainability in the Asia Pacific territory. The touring arm parent, PS Music Group, also provides artist management, domestic agency services and event management.
As a touring coordinator, you will work alongside the domestic agency staff in PS’ Brisbane office. You will take responsibility for building sustainable long-term careers for international artists in the Australian and New Zealand territory whilst simultaneously ensuring great experiences for every hour of PS Music Group’s tours. The role will allow you to work with revered international talent and the household names of tomorrow in years to come, encompassing marketing across multiple mediums, logistics, administrations and budget management.
- Tour marketing including social media, online marketing, physical / guerilla marketing, radio and TV
- Tour advertising
- Tour logistics
- Tour administrations
- Collecting and inferring decision making from touring data
- Budget management
- Data analysis
- Social media marketing
- Budgeting / basic accounting skills
- Basic knowledge of contract law
Required technical software competencies for the following programs:
- Apple software
- Bookings Software (Gigwell)
- File Sharing (Dropbox, Drive, Sharfile, Mediafire, Rapidshare)
- Google Apps (Gmail, Drive, Docs and Sheets)
- Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Project Management (Asana, Trello)
- Ticketing Systems (Oztix, Moshtix, Under The Radar, Ticketmaster, Ticketek)
- Minimum 24 months experience in one or more of the following roles: Artist management, Marketing and/or Music publicity
- Bachelor’s degree or above in: Business, Business Administration, Creative Industries, Entertainment Industries, Music Business or Marketing
- A knowledge of and relationship with: music media publications, non-music media publications and Australian and New Zealand music publicists
- Streaming services contacts
- Medium knowledge of Australian venues
Applications close Friday June 2. Interested? Send your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
TRIPLE J & DOUBLE J – PROMOTIONS PRODUCER (MELBOURNE)
The ABC is the nation's most trusted and independent source of Australian conversations, culture, and stories. With over 4,000 employees from diverse backgrounds, located across over 50 locations around Australia and overseas, the ABC is proud to create, curate and deliver high-quality programming that informs, educates and entertains.
The ABC Audience division is made up of a passionate group of marketing, brand, creative and audience insights specialists who have audiences at the heart of all they do. They are responsible for leading the ABC’s brand and audience strategies and do that by placing audiences at the centre of their thinking and working in close concert with their partners divisions.
Australia’s national youth network is looking for a creative Promotions Producer who is immersed in music and popular culture, to write and produce on-air promos and campaigns to promote triple j and Double J's programs, events and campaigns.
- Scheduling distribution and placement of promotional campaigns
- Producing high quality promotional material to promote various Radio activities and multiple stations
- Contributing to the production of triple j’s station imaging through ID’s stings and themes
- Working collaboratively with colleagues across a number of teams to optimise opportunities to promote triple j and Double J
- Technical flair
- Outstanding communication skills
- Ability to write great copy
- Creative thinker
- Able to produce innovative, fresh and creative writing appropriate to target audiences
- Technically proficient in audio editing using Pro Tools, or equivalent editing software
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as individually
- Able to relate creatively to the triple j and Double J target audiences
- Experienced Promotions Producer
Applications close Thursday June 1. Be sure to include examples of your recent work when you apply online here.
SOUTHERN CROSS AUSTEREO – JOURNALIST (MELBOURNE)
Southern Cross Austereo is an exciting, vibrant, energetic and progressive company employing over 2000 staff nationally. They are dedicated to delivering firsts in entertainment solutions with the ability to reach 95% of Australian's through our Radio, TV and Digital channels. Working at Southern Cross Austereo is far more than a job; it's an opportunity to be associated with one of the world's leaders in media entertainment.
Southern Cross Austereo, one of Australia's most progressive and exciting entertainment based media companies, has a rare opportunity for a Journalist to join the team at Triple M and Fox FM in Melbourne.
The Journalist role is a full time role, and will primarily involve on and off air duties during the weekdays. Some weekend work may be required. It will also involve the creation of news for our digital assets.
You will work closely with the News Team Leader and a highly experienced team to deliver a quality news service to our audience that is accurate, conversational and entertaining.
- A reading and writing style that suits our commercial radio stations
- The ability to work in both a solo and team environment
- Be able to work to tight deadlines
- A thorough understanding of CRA's Codes of Practice and Broadcasting Standards
- A working knowledge of on air news systems and digital news CMS would be advantageous
- At least 3 years commercial radio experience, ideally full time
The opportunities are endless when you're working for one of Australia's leading media companies. As the newest member of the team, you'll get all the support and guidance you need to develop your skills, grow your radio career and reach your full potential.
Applications close Sunday June 4. If this sounds like you, submit your resume, cover letter (with salary expectations) and a demo of your work here.
THE PROJECT – ENTERTAINMENT/GUEST PRODUCER (FREELANCE) (MELBOURNE)
This is a rare opportunity to produce celebrity and entertainment segments for prime time broadcast. The Project is looking for a freelance producer to back fill on a regular basis.
- Comprehensive network of industry contacts and relationships
- Keen interest and working knowledge in film, media, music and arts
- Able to thrive in a fast paced environment
- 4 – 6 years experience
- Proven experience writing scripts
- Experience overseeing production of bumpers, junkets and all celebrity guest related content
- Proven record of delivering high quality work against regular daily deadlines
Applications close Wednesday May 31. To apply, send your CV to: email@example.com.
BOLSTER – VIDEO CONTENT CREATOR (MELBOURNE)
Bolster is Australia's premier digital & creative agency for music and entertainment. Their clients are music festivals, labels, tour promoters, cinemas and event companies including the likes of Laneway Festival, Splendour In The Grass, Falls Festival, Sydney Comedy Festival, Future Classic, Remote Control Records, Openair Cinemas & more.
They’re looking to expand by adding a Video Producer to their Melbourne team. If you're creative, fun and have a deep passion for music and visual storytelling you'll fit in well. The role is full time with flexible hours.
- Work closely with Bolster’s internal content team to produce & create original video content
- Follow a project from start to end - from conception to shoot and final edit
- Brainstorm editorial video concepts and series
- Help ideate and execute native video content for brands and sponsors
- Create video in a variety of social formats including vertical video and Facebook 360
- Create in-house video for sponsorship and marketing purposes
- Manage production budgets and shoots
- Maintain exceptional standards and consistency across all produced video
- Exceptional video production skills
- Ability to work autonomously
- Ability to work within short timeframes
- Insatiable appetite for music & cultural events
- Illustration and graphic design skills
- Social media prowess
- Experience with a range of video editing tools and software. (ie - After effects / motion / final cut)
- Proven history of creating high-quality video content
- Experience in animation
- Experience producing video for commercial clients
- Experience in interviewing talent, or another
- An appreciation for snacks & dog memes
Applications close Friday June 16. Apply at Bolster’s website.