Whether you're fresh out of uni, looking for a major career break or simply wanting extra money in between gigs, the music industry is a competitive place. To make things a little easier, here's our list of some of the best jobs going around the country.
RECEPTIONIST/TOUR ASSISTANT - Chugg Entertainment/Frontier Touring (Sydney)
Mushroom Group are looking for an organised and passionate, music loving individual to join the Chugg Entertainment/Frontier Touring family as the Receptionist & Tour Assistant at Chugg Entertainment. While responsible for all general receptionist duties in the Chugg Entertainment office, this role also requires the successful applicant to assist the touring and marketing team, providing the opportunity to learn about the industry and develop new skills in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
- Experience in a similar role within the creative/entertainment industries will be highly regarded.
- Basic working knowledge of local media and entertainment industry.
- Strong general computer literacy across various media platforms, including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint and working familiarity with social media applications.
- Demonstrated organisational and administrative skills, with the ability to track and manage files, archiving and spreadsheets.
- Proven ability to work in a high-pressured environment with competing priorities, stakeholders and firm deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively to deadlines, whether working independently or in a team.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Highly effective organisational and administrative skills.
- Highly flexible and diligent in adapting to changing workflows.
- Other desirable attributes include high level of personal presentation, friendly disposition, professional management of external relationships, strong written and verbal communication levels, genuine passion for music and live entertainment and forward thinking and problem solving.
- Be primarily responsible for reception duties including answering phones, greeting people at reception and general office upkeep.
- Provide general support to team members to ensure smooth running of the office.
- Assist the Touring Team to distribute ticket sales; gather competitor and industry data; assist with venue avails and routing; assist with tour announcement planning, pre-sales and on-sales; and any other day to day ticketing, venue and production or touring related tasks as required.
- Assist the Marketing Team to monitor and collate information and assist with website and social media posts in relation to tours.
If you're keen on this one, click here to apply.
PRODUCT MARKETING MANAGER - Rode Microphones (Sydney)
Part of The Freedman Group, RØDE is a leading manufacturer of high-quality microphones and audio equipment, which can be found in studios, venues, on-location, and in the hands of creatives in every corner of the world. Their products are designed and primarily manufactured by our industry-leading team in Sydney and are exported to over 117 countries globally through more than 6000 dealers. They are currently looking for a passionate, talented and dedicated Product Marketing Manager to create and execute end-to-end product campaigns that align with the overall business objectives.
- Tertiary qualifications in Marketing or a related discipline
- Demonstrated experience in brand or product campaign creation and delivery, with a focus on retail / channel-led activity
- Deep understanding of social and digital marketing techniques and landscape
- Able to clearly measure campaign performance, including reach, incremental sales uplift and ROI
- Demonstrated experience in campaign planning and budgeting
- Strong competitor analysis and market trend analysis skills
- Empathy and understanding of end-user needs and sales drivers
- Exceptional presentation and training capabilities
- Strong Interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work in cross-functional teams
- Audio industry knowledge would be an advantage
- Plan and deliver a range of product marketing campaigns (for both product launches and legacy products) with a clear objective to drive sales growth, in conjunction with the Head of Campaign & Strategy.
- Managing the delivery of product marketing campaigns to time and to budget.
- Working with the RØDE marketing departments and sales teams both in Australia and internationally to ensure integration of product marketing campaigns into sales activity.
- Maintaining a clear understanding of competitor landscape and market trends, and to bring this knowledge into planning sessions for product category.
- Work with both internal and external sales people to ensure key campaign activities are being delivered to the customer via dealer and distributor network.
- Actively contributing to the wider RØDE marketing team, suggesting and driving improvements across all marketing activity.
Submit an application here!
CREATIVE ASSISTANT - Mood Media (Sydney)
Mood Media are currently looking for a part-time creative assistant to join their team in Sydney! Reporting to the Head of Music Curation, you must have the ability to enter data quickly and accurately as well as having a good knowledge of music styles that can be applied creatively.
- Good attention to detail with excellent time management skills and the ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously.
- A passion and interest in a wide variety of music with a strong basis of music styles knowledge.
- General knowledge of business software including but not limited to Windows operating systems, productivity tools and utilities.
- Digitizing new music releases into Mood’s databases.
- Downloading of digital content from various music labels.
- Library Maintenance – Cataloguing Mood’s music library and ensuring accurate records are kept of musical assets.
- Mastering of Music Programs – managing the various mastering processes for Mood’s audio programs to ensure timely delivery of client updates.
- Export playlist files for licensing reporting purposes.
- Music curation – responsible for programming several core audio programs.
If you're keen as a baked bean to put all that bottled up creativity to good use, head over here to apply.
MUSIC RESEARCHER - Audio Network (Sydney)
Audio Network is a disruptive, tech-enabled global music company that is one of the largest independent creators of original, high-quality music for use in video. The Company’s music is uniquely featured in both high-end TV and advertising productions through to user-generated content on digital and social platforms. They are currently looking for a music and television lover to join their Sydney team as a Music Researcher. The perfect candidate will have a strong interest in television content and the local television industry, as well as a passion for all genres of music. You will pair this with this outstanding customer service skills and a positive attitude.
- 1+ years’ experience in a professional environment with customer facing/servicing responsibilities, preferably in a sales/creative/customer support role
- Experience in music, television, or a creative industry is favourable
- Strong understanding of music across a range of genres, and the ability to discuss musical concepts
- Studies in music, film or TV production are advantageous
- Understanding of television production process is highly regarded
- At Audio Network we put our customers at the centre of everything we do, so the successful applicant will have a similar outlook and have a history of providing excellent customer service
- Experience in using Salesforce is preferable but not essential.
- Experience using Adobe Premiere Pro will be well regarded.
- You’re a TV buff – whether it’s the latest reality series or a high-end drama, you’ll be watching it, and you’ll immerse yourself in the local television production industry.
- You’re a music geek – you’ll have a broad knowledge of music, can appreciate all genres and have a natural talent for matching music with screen content.
- You’re a seeker – you’re curious, engaged, a solid researcher and able to identify and uncover business opportunities.
- Confident communicator – you’ll feel comfortable talking on the phone or conducting a skype meeting, and you’ll enjoy meeting new people in a professional, social or networking environment.
- Tech savvy – you will feel comfortable formatting hard drives, talking about metadata and helping customers troubleshoot tech queries.
- Extremely organised with an ability to prioritise and problem solve
- Customer focused with a real desire to proactively assist our client base to the best of your ability
- Enthusiastic outlook and a team player
- Music playlisting - use your broad music knowledge to respond creatively to client music briefs.Get to know the Audio Network catalogue inside and out and provide inspired track suggestions for upcoming TV and film productions
- Client Servicing - provide excellent customer service to new and existing clients including technical, creative and general customer support.
- Proactively engage with customers to ensure we’re delivering an outstanding customer experience.
- Meet with clients to demonstrate our services and amazing music.
- Manage and distribute hard drives containing Audio Network’s music. Provide technical hard drive support to customers and ensure that hard drives are kept updated with the newest music.
- Publishing support - regularly collect and manage cue sheets from TV production companies & broadcasters.
- Assist customers with how to complete cue sheets accurately.
- Manage YouTube copyright claims and enquiries.
- Complete publishing data analysis and provide commercial insights and opportunities to the business.
- Sales support - data entry and maintenance of customer database records.
- Use your curious nature and thorough research skills to identify new business and synchronisation opportunities.
For a bit more info about this one, head over here.