Whether you're fresh out of uni, looking for a major career break or simply wanting extra money in between gigs, the music industry is a competitive place. To make things a little easier, here's our list of some of the best jobs going around the country.
A&R ASSISTANT/SCOUT - Sony/ATV Music Publishing (Sydney)
Sony/ATV Music Publishing is the world’s leading music publisher with a catalogue of songs from some of the most iconic names in music. It proudly represents one of the strongest local rosters in the country, including Tame Impala, Angus & Julia Stone, A.B. Original, Hilltop Hoods, Sarah Aarons and Thelma Plum. Located at their Surry Hills office, they are on the hunt for a passionate music obsessive who is organised, proactive & enthusiastic new member of the team to provide day-to-day administration support to their A&R team and scout for the best new Australian artists and songwriters.
- Previous experience/contacts within the artist community, artist management, producers, writers, online media (music journalists, music bloggers, tastemakers etc.)
- Graphic design skills, website editing experience (Desired, but not essential)
- Demonstrate a passionate interest in music and maintain a strong knowledge of music, artist and market trends of both Australian and international music scenes
- Demonstrates strong attention to detail and organisational and administration skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Show initiative and is a self-starter able to prioritise work effectively and work to deadlines
- Strong knowledge of business infrastructure such as Microsoft Office Suite, Mailchimp
- Strong knowledge and experience of new and existing social media networks (TikTok/Instagram/Snapchat/Twitter/Facebook/Youtube)
Keen? Head over here to submit an application.
MARKETING, PR AND ONLINE CONTENT EDITOR - Ticketbooth (Sydney)
Ticketbooth is a full service event ticketing and marketing solution for professional event organisers Australia wide owned by Patron Technology who are a global event technology company, with a wide product offering including ticketing, data driven engagement tools, experiential marketing and mobile app solutions. They are currently looking for a marketing, PR and online content editor.
- Degree in Marketing, Business Marketing, Advertising or PR
- Excellent time management skills including the ability to prioritise workload and complete tasks within stringent deadlines
- A keen interest in music and events.
- Adobe Indesign and Photoshop experience is a plus
- Marketing for the Ticketbooth brand and all of our new software features
- Marketing and product demos for Audiencetools (Ticketbooths marketing system)
- PR for Patron Technology products
- Some marketing campaigns for large music festival organisations
- Manage social media channels
- Manage Facebook & Google marketing platforms (Training provided)
- Content writing/ blogging
- Organisation of promotional materials+
- Website optimisation, SEO, tracking referral program
- Organising and managing weekly newsletters
Click here to apply!
MARKETING MANAGER - Chugg Entertainment/Frontier Touring (Sydney)
Mushroom Group are looking for an organised, creative and passionate, music loving marketing individual to join the Chugg Entertainment/Frontier Touring family. This is a full time position, based in Sydney. This role will be an important part of a new live music powerhouse partnership between Frontier Touring and Chugg Entertainment, Australasia’s leading concert promoters. Working from country to pop to hard rock, from stadium fillers to the smallest of clubs, this job offers a huge range of diversity for the successful applicant.
- 5+ years experience in a similar role in a creative/entertainment industry. Experience in live/events marketing is preferable.
- A deep understanding of traditional and non-traditional marketing strategies.
- Excellent knowledge of the digital landscape including experience with Facebook Business Manager, SEM, Programmatic etc.
- Strong budgeting management experience and ability to demonstrate consistent ROI
- Proven experience in marketing events with tight time frames and turnarounds
- Excellent copy-writing, editing and proofreading skills that can be adapted to the voice for each project
- Demonstrated ability to accurately manage data entry, filing and archiving.
- The successful candidate must be innovative, creative and strategic, with great attention to detail and the ability to problem solve and change course at short notice. They must successfully manage competing priorities and deadlines while remaining focused and calm under pressure.
- Develop national marketing plans in consultation with the tour director, marketing, digital and communications teams.
- Create strong advertising plans, working closely within the approved marketing budget.
- Oversee the creation of core marketing materials for all tours and the delivery of assets including poster artwork, print advertising, digital advertising, social media plans, radio carts, TV commercials.
- Coordinate the delivery of all elements of the marketing campaign between the internal teams and external stakeholders (venues, ticket agencies, record labels).
- Ensure all marketing campaigns and costs are executed and documented appropriately, and in a timely manner.
- Build relationships with key and strategic marketing contacts; graphic designers, advertising agencies, marketing suppliers (posters, print/TV/radio/digital advertising), Out Of The Box, social media influencers, interstate representatives and other relevant parties.
- Monitor general tour market activity and make suggestions of new opportunities.
- Work with the marketing team to devise and deliver successful creative opportunities.
- Work closely with all areas of the business to recognise and optimise marketing opportunities.
- Attend concerts, events and launches in a work capacity out of regular business hours as required.
If you're interested in this bad boy, click here to submit an application!
TUTOR IN MUSIC - Melbourne University (Melbourne)
The Musicology and Ethnomusicology Area of the Melbourne Conservatorium of Music seeks an outstanding candidate with a strong record of teaching in music history for a one-year, fixed term contract in 2020. Area of expertise is open, but ability to teach electives in early music or nineteenth-century music is preferred.
- You will hold a PhD in musicology (or related discipline)
- Demonstrate ability to teach music history at the tertiary level
- Have relevant experience in curriculum design and development of educational resources
- High level organisation skills
- Problem solving skills
- Coordinate and teach a music elective in their area of expertise
- Coordinate the World Music Performance breadth ensemble program
- Other duties as directed
Head over here to apply!