Whether you're fresh out of uni, looking for a major career break or simply wanting extra money in between gigs, the music industry is a competitive place. To make things a little easier, here's our list of some of the best jobs going around the country.
PRODUCTION COORDINATOR - Perth Symphony Orchestra (Perth)
Perth Symphony Orchestra is looking for an outstanding and experienced production coordinator who will ensure the highest quality production of all concerts and performances. As a production coordinator, you will manage and supervise all aspects of production for all concerts and performances.
- Ability to work with others in a fast-paced, pressured environment and be able to diffuse tense situations and resolve interpersonal conflicts
- Capability to manage and coordinate a diverse team, provide constructive feedback/reviews, and manage crew expectations
- Confidence to work with highly experienced suppliers and demonstrate strong negotiation skills
- Competent Microsoft Office skills, using programs as word, excel, and PowerPoint
- A passion for working in the arts and for a fast growing, ambitious arts company
- High level of attention to detail ensuring accuracy
- Exceptional organisational and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- A "can do" and positive attitude and ability to remain calm and focused in the most stressful situations
- Be a permanent Australian resident with the right to work in Australia
- A current Australian drivers licence
- Knowledge of classical/symphonic music is a bonus
- Experience in orchestral production
- Liaising with clients and suppliers in initial planning stages
- Coordinating all operational and logistical production requirements for PSO performances (corporate, community and self-produced concerts) and associated events;
- Ensuring appropriate equipment (to include all sound, lighting and staging) is identified and sourced within budget;
- Booking and liaising with venues to ensure the needs of the orchestra, crew and volunteers are delivered, e.g. green rooms, staging, site infrastructure,
- Organising, supervising and assisting with the transportation, loading, unloading and setting up of orchestral and technical equipment associated with orchestral activities;
- Supervising and engaging casual staging staff, orchestra managers, show callers and stage managers as required and fill these positions dependent on the event, as per budgets.
- Being responsible for identifying, and where necessary, addressing work health and safety issues
- Briefing all contractors, crew and musicians on OH&S issues for every concert
- Maintaining a data base for venues, equipment, contractors and crew.
- Creating an annual production strategy that aligns with corporate strategy.
Keen? Click here for more information.
DIGITAL COORDINATOR - Australian Broadcasting Corporation (Sydney)
The Australian Broadcasting Corporation are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Digital Co-ordinator to work closely with the ABC Music Label Managers and Digital team, coordinating and executing ABC Music and Events digital strategy across online platforms and digital music providers to increase audience engagement and reach. In this role you’ll be assisting with the creation of digital marketing campaigns across social media, search and all other external third party sites.
- Experience managing a brands social media presence including content creation and maintaining tone of voice
- Proven experience working in a record label or digital music provider
- An understanding of both physical and digital marketing of music
- Excellent client relationship skills; interpersonal, problem solving
- Experience in computer applications such as Photoshop, basic Adobe suite and video editing software.
- Maintain ABC Music & Events social media channels, websites and playlists
- Aid the Manager with implementing digital strategy for label activities
- Contribute to the maintenance of ABC Music owned and artist YouTube channels including weekly uploads and optimisations
- Assist in pitching to Digital Service Providers by collating key info for priority releases
This could be a great oppportunity to join an iconic Australian business! Head over here for more info.
MUSIC SCHOOL ADMIN - Haworth Guitars (Wollongong)
Haworth Guitars are looking for a hard-working and enthusiastic individual to assist with admin and reception at their Music School in Albion Park Rail. Haworth Music School operates as a part of Haworth's Music Centres and offers music lessons for students of all ages. They have over 300 students over two locations who come through their music school every week for music lessons.
- Must be friendly and have good people skills
- Must have a good attention to detail
- Must be hard-working and self-motivated
- Needs basic computer and spread-sheet skills
- Must have 'Working with Children' approval
- Booking in new students
- Taking payments
- Greeting and building relationships with students, managing lesson times
- General cleaning duties
- Scheduling time sheets
Click here to submit an application!
HEAD OF DEPARTMENT - Aboriginal Centre for the Performing Arts (Brisbane)
The Aboriginal Centre for the Performing Arts is a Registered Training Organisation providing teaching excellence and innovation in contemporary dance, music and acting. Vibrant and diverse, they are the only centre in Australia offering courses that incorporate all performing arts genres, including classes dedicated to Indigenous cultural fusion. They are currently looking for a head of their music department.
- Must have a four-year degree or equivalent at a university level in a field relevant to the teaching area (music)
- Must hold a Certificate IV in Training and Assessment