Whether you're fresh out of uni, looking for a major career break or simply wanting extra money in between gigs, the music industry is a competitive place. To make things a little easier, here's our list of some of the best jobs going around the country.
DIGITAL MARKETING MANAGER - Believe Distribution Services (Melbourne or Sydney)
Believe Distribution Services is a leading digital distributor and services provider for independent artists & labels. They provide bespoke digital solutions starting with distribution and incorporating promotion, marketing, strong analytics and sales data that allows labels to react to market intelligence. As the Digital Marketing Manager, within the Artists Services division, you will be key to the artists’ audience development in the Australia & New Zealand markets.
- 3 - 4 years in digital marketing (eg. social media, influencer marketing, digital media buying)
- Strong track record in digital marketing or online audience development
- Passionate about Music and all things Digital and Social Media
- Excellent knowledge of audience building and online promotion strategies
- Ability to build creative and innovative artist development campaigns
- Data driven & results oriented, with demonstrable ability to analyse & use data as advantage
- Knowledgeable about market trends, music industry developments, and digital innovations
- Well organized, structured; able to follow process and monitor budgets
- Highly motivated and organized with excellent time management skills
- Capable of juggling various projects at the same time
- A team player with creative ideas and positive attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Research artists’ target audience & position in market through thorough analysis of all data available.
- Elaborate the artists’ development strategy on digital media platforms
- Implement both organic activations and paid media campaigns, through relevant online and social media platforms, including YouTube, Instagram, LINE, influencers, stores etc.
- Manage and monitor digital marketing budgets
- Set and maintain KPI's
- Deliver weekly reports on digital marketing performance for the artists, external stakeholders and relevant Believe teams.
To apply, send your CV including current salary and cover letter to email@example.com
RADIO & STREAMING MANAGER - Mushroom Promotions (Sydney)
Mushroom Promotions are looking for a music lover to join their close knit team of 22. Working in a full-time capacity as an integral part of their radio and streaming team you will be responsible for promoting their label artists and tours to select media including triple j, Double J, alongside DSP partners (ie Amazon Music, Apple, Spotify and YouTube Music). This is an exciting role that will allow the successful candidate to showcase their passion for some of the best Australian and International music.
- Min. 3+ years paid experience in a relevant music industry or media role (radio or streaming experience preferred)
- A strong involvement and passion for the music and live entertainment industry
- An in depth knowledge of current international and domestic new music and trends
- Manages own time effectively and clearly identifies processes and steps that need to be taken to meet role requirements and objectives across multiple projects
- Clear, concise communication in all types of environments both verbally and in writing
- Network and build strong relationships with allocated radio and streaming media for best possible outcomes and opportunities.
- Work closely with the Head of Radio & Streaming to develop strong and creative promotional plans for both Mushroom label and Frontier Touring artists across allocated digital streaming and radio partners.
- Drive the growth and exposure of Mushroom label artists through servicing, strategic playlist pitching and promotional opportunities across allocated digital streaming and radio partners.
- Build an in depth knowledge of key playlists across all digital streaming partners, monitor weekly playlists adds and analyse the impact on streaming numbers.
- Provide regular and detailed reports of both promotional activity and trends across streaming and radio.
- Develop and oversee the execution of artist promotional schedules for both label and touring artists for your allocated media.
- Actively participate as part of a large team to support and achieve common goals and the best results
- Attend concerts, events and launches in a work capacity out of regular business hours as required.
- On-going maintenance and development of centralised media/industry contacts/database.
If you think you've got what it takes, jump onto the Mushroom Group's website to apply.
MANAGERS ASSISTANT - Token Artists (Melbourne & Sydney - two positions available)
Token Artists are looking for a Manager’s Assistant in both their Sydney and Melbourne offices. This is a role primed for someone who thinks that they could be an artist manager one day. Token Artists is Australia’s biggest manager of comedians, taking care of the global careers of Australia’s funniest on stage, on screen and anywhere else you can be funny.
- Passionate about entertainment/comedy in particular
- Super organised and confident, willing to stand up for an artist
- Write confidently and have critical skills
- Worked in an office environment before
- Preferably have a university degree
- Spending time at the Melbourne Comedy Festival and other festivals around the country
- Booking travel for the artists
- Organising TV call sheets
- Managing Contracts
To apply for this position, submit your resume along with a bit about what you've seen recently, where you like to go and see shows and a bit about your passion for show business and anything else you feel will be relevant and will make your application stand out. Head over here for more info and to fill out and application form.
STREAMING & DIGITAL MANAGER - TMRW Music (Sydney)
TMRW Music is looking for a gun Digital Administrator, to work with some of the best independent artists in the country. They are looking for a degree qualified gun communicator and negotiator who knows how to build solid relationships.
- A passion for Australian electronic and dance music
- You have a keen eye for trends
- You can act on opportunities with lightning speed
- Great multitasking skills
- Organised and process driven
- Work with assigned Digital Service Partner accounts including Spotify, Apple Music & YouTube
- Build trusted relationships, secure featured placement and promotional opportunities
- Plan and execute marketing campaigns.
- Pitch partner-owned and third-party partners for playlist placement.
- Manage artist and label streaming profiles and playlists.
- Own the streaming pitch process, communicating effectively to internal and external partner teams.
- Work with marketing team to promote streaming priorities through artist and label websites, social media, emails, and other digital platforms.
- Develop and maintain an expert understanding of assigned streaming partners accounts’ brands, priority initiatives, and product offerings; monitor competitive activity; and work to keep TMRW at the forefront of new opportunities.
- Represent the Streaming team in internal and external meetings, and outline streaming initiatives in artist marketing plans.
- Collaborate with The Orchard (distribution) account management and operations teams to coordinate efforts at assigned accounts to ensure accurate and on-time delivery and maximum visibility of new releases.