Whether you're fresh out of uni, looking for a major career break or simply wanting extra money in between gigs, the music industry is a competitive place. To make things a little easier, here's our list of some of the best jobs going around the country.
PRODUCTION COORDINATOR - Rage (Sydney)
This is a rare and exciting opportunity to join the ABC Entertainment & Specialist and provide general production administrative support to the day to day running of the vibrant Rage program, the ABC’s iconic music show. You will be the point of contact for the program team, handle enquires and correspondence from internal and external clients/talent and public.
- Experience working in social media, “On Air”, camera and sound equipment.
- Knowledge and practice of production resourcing, scheduling, budgets, copyright clearance, booking systems, safety requirements and their associated regulations.
- Deep knowledge of music, in particular Australian music - future, past and present.
- Ability to write smart, clear copy for the rage audience across platforms.
- Well-developed planning, communication and negotiation skills.
- Tech savvy mindset using various applications.
- Provide support to the Entertainment and Events teams programs.
- Maintain the “On Air” system for the Rage Program.
- Manage the social media for the Rage Program and other Entertainment shows.
- Organise transfers and transcriptions, collect and distribute production items, co-ordinate signing of release forms.
- Research and book locations arrange appropriate approvals and draft relevant documentation.
- Coordinate audience calls and facilities as per schedule.
- Coordinate logistics arrangements, including flights, taxis, car hire and parking, accommodation and travel allowance, etc.
- Assist with production research for the program.
- Audition and edit simple program material.
Miss out on this opportunity and the only thing going into a Rage will be your mood. Apply here!
CUSTOMS BROKER - Rode Microphones (Sydney)
Want to work for one of the fastest-growing, most innovative manufacturer-exporters in audio technology in the world today? RØDE Microphones is looking for passionate, talented and dedicated Customs Broker to join their rapidly-growing team. If you possess sound operations knowledge in import/export operations and strong customer service in International Freight from local experience they would like to hear from you.
- A current Customs Broker licence
- AQIS accredited
- Experience and knowledge of both air/ sea freight
- Expedient system knowledge
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to priorities and work in a time sensitive manner
- Deal with suppliers and customers on a regular basis with sound English communication skills and strong computer skills
- Arranging Customs clearance of import and export shipments
- Preparing, checking, classifying and compiling Customs Entries
- Electronic Lodgement of Customs Entries
- Attending to any queries or impediments raised by the Australian Customs Service or the Australian Quarantine Inspection Service
- Handling operations from registration, customs automation, invoicing, transport, customer interaction with customers providing updates in a timely and professional manner
If this sounds like it's the job for you, head over here to apply!
MUSIC CONSULTANT - Beatbox Music (Sydney)
Beatbox Music is Australia’s leading independent production music company, providing a comprehensive range of production music to the broadcast industry. They are currently looking for a confident, outgoing and self-motivated Account Executive to join their team of music consultants. The perfect candidate will have had previous experience in the broadcast, media or advertising industries, and must have an extensive knowledge of music across a wide variety of genres.
- 2+ years’ experience in a similar role or experience with MUSIC in the broadcast, media, advertising or recording industries.
- Customer service/account management experience is an advantage.
- Confident and personable
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- Extensive knowledge of music across a broad spectrum of genres. They will quiz you!
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- Strong time management and organisational skills
- Music sourcing: Respond to client briefs by providing creative music recommendations and customised playlists from our repertoire of labels. Assist clients with licensing when required.
- Maintain and build client relationships: provide first class customer service, regular client visits in Sydney and interstate required.
- Maintain and expand our client database, identifying and qualifying new customer leads.
- Other client support tasks as required.
Sound like your perfect position? Apply here.
PUBLICITY MANAGER - Ditto Music (Sydney or Melbourne)
Ditto Music are looking to add a skilled and successful Publicity Manager to their Australian team to lead the PR Campaigns for our artists and labels. Ditto Music is a fast-growing and award-winning music distribution and label services company for over 200,000 artists, with offices in 20 countries worldwide. Artists such as Chance the Rapper, Ed Sheeran, Sam Smith, Royal Blood, Stormzy, Yeasayer, Kaiit, Kwame, Kian, Tash Sultana and Alex Lahey have all used the Ditto platform.
- Ideally have a tertiary degree in PR, communications, marketing or similar
- At least 3 years’ promotions or publicity experience with the proven ability to run successful campaigns, preferably within a music environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A strong network of industry contacts and the ability to build and foster relationships
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good time-management skills and an ability to manage multiple tasks within different timeframes.
- Understanding of entertainment, lifestyle, culture, music, and art trends
- Driven, motivated and a desire to succeed
- Must hold a current drivers license.
- Effectively, efficiently and professionally manage the relationships between the Australian media and Ditto’s roster of labels and artists.
- Develop and implement innovative, achievable and successful PR plans, strategies and campaigns for that roster including: writing press releases, pitching artists for feature coverage, presenting music, securing reviews, etc
- Commission and manage any external PR company resource that is required to effectively implement campaigns
- Work with Ditto’s Artist & Label Services Managers and client partners to acquire press assets/tools in order to execute campaigns efficiently
- Deal with external stakeholders to ensure they have all the required tools for their campaigns which involve Ditto artists
- Organise artist phone interview and on-ground schedules
- Prepare post-campaign reports
- Maintain the Ditto media and PR contacts database
- Leverage relationships in the wider global music industry to implement Ditto’s corporate communications strategy to assist in developing Ditto’s corporate profile
- Act as an integral member of the team with the ability to motivate and inspire others to consistently improve and develop both their skills and Ditto’s results.
- Manage the PR department including any staff, general admin and budgets
- Work closely with the Regional Manager – ANZ in developing Ditto’s PR business; developing services to both existing music services client as well as external clients.
Don't miss out! Click here to apply.