Whether you're fresh out of uni, looking for a major career break or simply wanting extra money in between gigs, the music industry is a competitive place. To make things a little easier, here's our list of some of the best jobs going around the country.
DESIGNER/VISUAL CONTENT CREATOR - BYRON BLUESFEST (Byron Bay)
Byron Bay Bluesfest is Australia’s most awarded music festival ever. Taking place annually, the five-day music festival is held over the Easter long weekend in Byron Bay. They are looking for a creative, energetic and motivated individual that has a passion for creating engaging content for online marketing channels along with an interest in the music industry. The successful candidate must be able to work as part of a team, take initiative for their own work, constantly provide fresh and innovative ideas and have a strong eye for detail.
- Experience of using social media platforms (Facebook Business Manager, Instagram, Twitter, etc.) in a fast-paced, high-performance environment
- Highly skilled in Adobe Create Suite (Bridge, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) & Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere Pro and other relevant editing software
- Experience producing ads for print and online media outlets
- Animation/motion graphic skills
- Ability to manage and successfully execute multiple concurrent projects
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Possess strong communication skills including the ability to relate to different audiences
- Strong Microsoft Office and knowledge of social media advertising
- A good understanding of HTML is a bonus
- A love for music and the live entertainment industry
- Experience in web applications and software such as WordPress, Google Tag Manager, Google Analytics
- Experience in the music/entertainment industries
- Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously
- A deep understanding and appreciation of how users interact with digital design and a passion to make it better
- Full working rights in Australia
- In-depth experience with the Adobe Creative Suite
- Initiative and constant desire to learn more about the ever-changing digital landscape
- Social media experience
- Support marketing teams in graphic design and video editing of supplied video content, predominantly being used for social media advertising
- Constantly provide fresh and innovative ideas
- Have a strong eye for detail
- Work as part of a team
Don't miss this opportunity to work for this amazing festival! Head over here to submit an application.
RETAIL SALES CONSULTANT - MALL MUSIC (Sydney)
Mall Music is on the hunt for an experienced musician, one with an extensive knowledge of Guitars and Amps and/or Digital pianos and Keyboards – or all of this and more!
- Outstanding communication skills
- Ability to build rapport and resolve customer issues when they arise
- Excellent customer service and sales skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- High attention to detail
- Decent computer skills
- Ability to take directions, work part of a team and autonomously.
- Demonstrating to and helping customers of all skill level
- Creating an outstanding customer experience
- Communicate clearly in-store. via phone, email and social media
- Someone with a desire to share their music knowledge across social media posts and videos would be a bonus
Interested? Click here for more info.
HEAD OF PROGRAM (BACHELOR OF CONTENT CREATION) - COLLARTS (Melbourne)
Collarts is seeking a department head to lead their Content Creation degree. Content Creation students will graduate with a variety of skills for the modern era of digital communication and entertainment. They will be completing classes in audio, video editing, web and app design, photography, and a range of other content related subjects. Upon graduating they will be ready to undertake a variety of different career options, ranging from media managers, content producers, digital marketing coordinators to bloggers and vloggers.
- Be an active industry digital content producer;
- Hold a Post Graduate qualification in the field or a related field
- Have some teaching experience in Higher Education settings;
- Have expert knowledge of contemporary content creation;
- Possess superior interpersonal and communication skills;
- Possess demonstrable experience in blended eLearning;
- Demonstrate leadership skills in media, design, education or a similar field; and
- Showcase outstanding skill, expertise and success in their creative field, substantiated through positive reputation, public profile and/or industry review
- Develop and maintain curriculum and assessment
- Ensure industry currently
- Comply with internal and external policy and procedure
- Academic leadership
- Management of student and staff pastoral care
Head over here to apply!