Whether you're fresh out of uni, looking for a major career break or simply wanting extra money in between gigs, the music industry is a competitive place. To make things a little easier, here's our list of some of the best jobs going around the country.
LICENSING REPRESENTATIVE - APRA AMCOS (Sydney)
APRA AMCOS is on the lookout for a professional, results driven candidate to take on the two-year fixed term role of Licensing Representative. For those who love getting out there and making live music as great as it can be, this one's for you as your main objective here is to proactively source new businesses for live music licensing in specific music sectors.
- Ability to work to set KPI's and quarterly target figures
- Efficient, great communicator and time manager
- Able to work off your own initiative
- Proven strong negotiation skills
- Well-developed interpersonal skills
- Achievement of KPI's and quarterly targets
- Producing of business plans/reports to National Licensing Manager
- Research client information (internet) to ensure accurate figures are supplied in relation to music usage and to obtain contact/location details.
- Making contact with clients (written correspondence and outbound client calls) to proactively obtain license applications within required reporting timeframes.
- Providing timely responses to licensing enquiries from licencees and the general public.
If this sounds like a job for you, please send a cover letter (1-2 pages) outlining your relevant experience along with an up-to-date resume to Carla O'Neale, Human Resources Manager at HR@apra.com.au before the deadline of Sunday May 5th 2019. For more information, visit the SEEK listing or the APRA AMCOS Website. Happy hunting!
CUSTOMER SERVICE/INTERNAL SALES - CMI Music & Audio (Melbourne)
Australia's leading musical instrument and equipment distributor CMI Music & Audio is looking out for a new full-time customer service/internal sales person to join their awesome team. Here, you'll be tasked with maintaining an active business relationship with your small portfolio of accounts as well as taking inbound queries from customers and assisting sales representatives with any queries they may have.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to multi task (direct incoming calls & assist with invoicing)
- Ability to work to deadlines and KPI's
- An interest in the music industry with a passion for fantastic customer service with a strong service focus and can do attitude
- Experience with music instruments, studio gear, live sound or DJ products
- Accurate data entry skills and basic understanding of Windows Programs (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc) and a good understanding of social media
- Industry experience is preferred
- Receiving inbound calls from customers and assisting them with their queries
- Assisting the in the field Sales Representatives with any queries they have
- Liaising with Product Specialists and Product Managers on a daily basis
- Managing a small portfolio of accounts including regular outbound calls to maintain a good ongoing business relationship with customers
- Developing new business through proactive goal-driven action
- Achieving sales budgets and KPI's
If you have a passion for working in the music gear industry and you have an appreciation for fantastic customer service please forward your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information click here.
INDIGENOUS MUSIC DEVELOPMENT OFFICER - MusicNT (Darwin/Alice Springs)
The non-profit music organisation is offering a part-time (25 hours a week) role to help support developing original contemporary music in the Northern Territory. Your role will be to provide administrative and management support for indigenous music programs by assisting in the program's delivery, engaging with stakeholders and coordinators, and identifying and implementing improvements where necessary.
- Highly developed organisation and prioritisation skills
- Experience in office management, administration, coordination and logistics
- Experience in the music or creative industries, particularly in the Northern Territory
- Ability to maintain efficient office administration systems and personal work routines
- Ability to work with people from diverse cultural backgrounds, including developed interpersonal skills and communication skills
Key Tasks Include:
- Support the delivery of MusicNT programs where directed and appropriate including IWMP and RAMP
- Support the engagement of external stakeholders in MusicNT’s activities through the support of reference groups
- Provide administrative support to Event Coordinators and programs as required.
- As required, support specific projects or initiatives of MusicNT
- Identify, recommend and implement improvements to event administration
- Support remote and regional artists to engage with MusicNT programs and identify areas of need to inform MusicNT programming and delivery
- Deliver office administration services for MusicNT, including documentation of systems of work and process and procedures
- Recommend improvements to MusicNT's office procedures, where necessary
If this unique and incredible experience is of interest to you, visit the Seek page for more information as well as application details and test questions.