Are you straight out of Uni and haven't found a job? Need to earn some extra cash while living the musician lifestyle? Looking for a new career path? Well if this sounds like you, perhaps we can help you find your next dream job in the music industry. Here are our top jobs of the week.
Festival Director PA/Touring Assistant - Bluesfest
Bluesfest are looking for a Personal Assistant for the festival director, who is also the main talent booker for Bluesfest Touring. Therefore this PA position would additionally be an assisting role within the touring department.
- Diary management and scheduling including international conference calls
- International and domestic travel arrangements
- Answer calls on behalf of Director
- Being a point of contact for all internal and external stakeholders, providing excellent customer service
- Taking minutes at meetings
- Create company documents including presentations and reports
- Ad hoc personal duties including sourcing and booking restaurants, personal travel and dealing with the Directors personal appointments
- Liaise with touring and booking department
- Liaise with agents, venues, record labels and ticketing companies
- Update internal spread sheets and documents within the touring and booking department
- High attention to detail
- High organisational skills
- Strong communications skills
- A team player attitude with the ability to multitask
- Ability to balance competing and conflicting priorities and demands
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office skills and Apple software understanding
- Eloquent phone manner and ability to call screen
- A professional and friendly impression
- Absolute confidentiality and maturity
- Not easily flustered
- A willingness to be available outside regular working hours
- Happy to go the extra mile and perform duties outside of job description (no job to big or too small)
- Proven experience working in a fast paced and high pressure environment
- Proven experience working as a PA
If this sounds like you, send your resume over to Nadja@bluesfest.com.au.
Public Programs Associate Producer – ACMI
ACMI are seeking an experienced Public Programs Assistant Producer to assist and support the Public Programs Manager and Producer in the day-to-day delivery of the ACMI’s public programs. The role is responsible for the development, coordination and organisation of a range of screen based events and programs including talks, forums and symposia, live music events and production experiences in a screen-based environment, arts-based institution or similar organisation.
It’s a fantastic team environment where experience in event coordination, knowledge of current contemporary arts film, TV and video games practices and the capacity to translate this knowledge into creative program types will make you a key member of the team. If successful, you can expect to become a part of a talented, committed and creative organisation with a team people with a passion for film and digital media, in an organisation where their visitor experience and their ability to work as a team are critical to ACMI’s success.
For more information, head here.
Business Planning & Analysis Manager – Universal Music Australia
Universal Music Australia is looking for a Business Planning & Analysis Manager, reporting to the Director of Business Planning & Analysis. The Business Planning & Analysis team provides analytical and advisory capability to the business. Centrally positioned in a business partnering role, the team works on defining commercial objectives, setting projections and measuring performance.
The ideal candidate should be analytical and inquisitive, and able to apply analytical approaches to business opportunities and areas of development, to drive smart decisions across the business.
- Work with 3rd Party Labels and Business Partners, providing value-adding analysis and recommendations
- Provide Pre and Post campaign analysis to Sales and Marketing
- Develop KPIs and track company and artist performance
- Implement improvements and recommendations across the business
- Develop and prepare New Artist & Commercial Feasibilities and provide Management Reporting
- Work with our IT and Finance business units to deliver forecasting improvements and reporting automation
- Very strong Excel skills
- Analytical with proven record of self initiated projects
- Knowledge of reporting systems and data structures
- Passion and curiosity for music
- Proficient in building analysis from a myriad of sources
- Experience in financial and commercial modelling
- Tertiary qualifications in Business/Commerce/Finance/Economics or other relevant field. Studies in information systems also welcomed.
- 5-6 Years Post University experience
To find out more and apply, head here.