2017 will mark the 30th anniversary of the Fender Custom Shop, and consequently the new range of their annual ‘Prestige Collection’ will represent the best of their past and present releases.
As announced yesterday at NAMM 2017 in Anaheim, California, the 2017 collection will consist of ten models, built by the Custom Shop’s famous ‘master builder’ guitar makers. These include the Duco Strat from Scott Buehl, the Classic Rocker from Stephen Stern and the Gold Leaf Telecaster by Yuriy Shishkov.
“From the throwback and classic pieces to something completely new – the master builders have really outdone themselves this year,” said Mike Lewis, from Fender’s product development department. “The 2017 collection is what the Shop is all about – pushing the limits of guitar luthiery to create custom-built guitars for players and collectors that have grown accustomed to Fender’s signature craftsmanship.”
Since debuting 30 years ago, the Fender Custom Shop has earned a reputation for the unmatched creativity and inventiveness of its masterbuilt guitars and basses.
The full list of guitars included in the 2017 Prestige Collection that have been announced are:
- Dale Wilson’s Forest Green 30th Anniversary Stratocaster
- Paul Waller’s The Cuervo X Fender Agave Stratocaster
- Stephen Stern’s Classic Rocker
- Jason Smith’s 30th Anniversary Esquire C.C. MBJS
- Yuriy Shishkov’s Gold Leaf Telecaster
- Todd Krause’s Octave Doubleneck Telecaster
- Dennis Galuszka’s Hot Rodded Jazzmaster
- Greg Fessler’s Texas Special Strat
- John Cruz’ NAMM 2017 Prestige Edition Custom Shop P90 Set Neck Tele
- Scott Buehl’s Frosted Duco Strat
Yesterday those in attendance at NAMM were given the opportunity to purchase these guitars at an invitation only Fender Custom Shop Event. The collection will then remain on display throughout NAMM’s five day duration.
Fender is distributed in Australia through eastgatemusic.com.au.